Detail Overview About Librium 25mg Tablets (Generic Chlordiazepoxide)
Librium 25mg Tablets (Generic Chlordiazepoxide) belongs to Benzodiazepine class. It lowers fear and anxiety that occurs before surgery. It functions by lessening movements of chemicals in the brain that causes anxiety. After using Librium 25mg tabs, there is a decrease in nervous tension and muscle spasm. You will be relieved from mild, moderate, or severe anxiety with its use.
Mode of Action of Librium 25mg Tablets (Generic Chlordiazepoxide)
Librium tablets (Benzodiazepine) when associates with GABAA receptor present in the central nervous system increases the affinity of GABA to GABAA receptor. It causes an escalation of GABA-mediated chloride influx causing membrane hyperpolarization. This net neuroinhibitory effect paves the way to sedation, hypnosis, muscle relaxation, and anxiolytic action.
Dosage Information of Librium 25mg Tablets (Generic Chlordiazepoxide)
The dose of Librium to get yourself relieved from anxiety in adults is 5 to 10 mg (in the case of mild to moderate anxiety), three or four times daily through the oral route. For eliminating anxiety problem, use 20 to 25 mg, three or four times daily through the oral route. You may take it with or without meals.
Contraindications with Librium 25mg Tablets (Generic Chlordiazepoxide)
- When you are suffering from acute angle glaucoma, liver disorder, any allergic reaction or psychosis, never use Librium.
- Do not use Librium tabs in case you are using sodium oxybate.
- Do not breast feed your child or never use in pregnancy.
Warnings and Precautions to follow with Librium 25 mg Tablets
- Chlordiazepoxide raises a feeling of dizzy in you so avoid work that requires complete alertness.
- Cut down on the alcohol consumption, as it will open the way to sedative effect.
- Chlordiazepoxide is a habit-forming medication never suddenly alters the dose without doctor advice.
- Use with extreme cautious in children.
Side Effects with Librium 25mg Tablets (Generic Chlordiazepoxide)
With Librium tablets, there is the possibility of some side effects such as a headache, clumsiness, confusion, dizziness, and excessive daytime drowsiness, unusual weakness, yellowing of skin or eyes, lack of coordination, light-headedness, and allergic reactions.