A Brief Overview of Valium 10mg Tablets (Diazepam)
Valium 10mg tablets (Diazepam) are a potential medication for the treatment of anxiety disorders. It is an orally administered medication, which can be used to treat injury, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, inflammation, or nerve disorders and muscle spasms. The main active ingredient of Valium 10mg tablet is Diazepam. Valium falls under the category of medication comes under the class of medication known as a benzodiazepine. Valium 10mg tablets produce action by enhancing the effects of GABA, a neurotransmitter that controls the activity of nerve signals in the brain.
Method of Administration of Valium 10mg (Diazepam) Tablets
The recommended dose of Valium is 10mg. You should administer Valium 10mg tablets orally with sufficient amount of water. This medication can be administered with or without food. Administer this medication 3 or 4 times per day. Usual adult dose for alcohol withdrawal symptoms is 10 mg 3 to 4 times orally during the first 24 hours, and then 5 mg 3 to 4 times a day as needed. An individual should not suddenly stop the use of this medication as it may show withdrawal symptoms and do not crush or chew swallow whole tablet.
What are the Contraindications of Valium 10mg Tablets (Diazepam)?
- You are not recommended to use Valium if you are allergic to ingredient present in Valium 10mg tablets.
- An individual should not use Valium 10mg tablets (Diazepam) if you are suffering from kidney or liver disease, epilepsy or other seizure disorder, glaucoma, and severe breathing problem.
- You should not use Clozapine, Disulfiram, Nefazodone, Omeprazole, Sodium Oxybate, Valproic, Clozapine, Hydantoins, Phenytoin, Sodium Oxybate along with Valium 10mg tablets (Diazepam).
Possible Side Effects of Valium 10mg Tablets (Diazepam)
Valium 10mg tablets (Diazepam)may show some unwanted effects in some individual such as headache, lack of coordination, clumsiness, confusion, dizziness, restlessness, sleep disturbance, muscle spasms, nightmares, lightheadedness, unsteadiness, dry mouth excessive daytime drowsiness, and unusual weakness.
Precautions and Warnings while using Valium 10mg Tablets (Diazepam)
- Alcohol is not recommended while using Valium 10mg tablets as it can enhance the chances of side effects.
- In the case of children and elderly patient, this medication should be used under proper health care.
- Do not use Valium 10mg tablets (Diazepam)in the case of pregnancy and lactation.
- This medication should not be used for longer duration because it contains habit-forming effect.