Detail Overview About Ultram 250mg Tablets
Ultram 250mg tablets are a significant medication that is commonly used for the treatment of moderate to moderately severe pain. Ultram 250mg tablet is an orally administered medication, which contains Tramadol hydrochloride as the main active ingredient. The extended release form of Ultram is also used for the treatment of around-the-clock pain that is not controlled by other medicines. It can also be used for the treatment of severe chronic pain in adults who have need of regular treatment for a long period.
Mechanism of Action of Ultram 250mg Tablets
Ultram 250mg (Generic Tramadol) tablets come under the class of medication called as Opioid analgesics. It is a centrally acting medication, which shows action in two ways firstly it binds μ-Opioid receptor in the CNS to stop the transmission of nociceptive input from the periphery to the spinal cord. Secondly, it inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. This action of Ultram 250mg tabs helps in the treatment of pain.
Dosing Regimen of Ultram 250mg Tablets
The recommended dose of Ultram is 250mg that is available as tablet dosage form. You have to take this medication orally with a full glass of water and you can take it with or without food. Take Ultram at same way each time every 4 to 6 hours as needed. Do not change the dose of Ultram without consulting the doctor.
What are the contraindications of Ultram 250mg Tablets?
- You should not use Ultram 250mg tablet severe asthma or breathing problems, a blockage in your stomach or intestines, head injury, epilepsy and metabolic disorder.
- Do not ingest Ultram 250mg tablet if you are allergic to any ingredient present in this medication.
- You should not use Ultram 250mg tablet along with Iazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Ativan, Restoril, Tranxene, Klonopin, Versed, and Xanax.
What is the Side Effects of Ultram 250mg Tablets?
It can cause dizziness, nausea or vomiting, weakness, in-coordination, constipation, stomach upset, headache, drowsiness, irritability, anxiety, dry mouth, or increased sweating.
Precautionary measures while using Ultram 250mg Tablets
- Do not use alcohol along with Ultram 250mg tablet as it can increase the chances of side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness effect.
- You have to consult the doctor in the case of pregnancy and lactation.