What is Ultram 200mg Tablets and for what it is used?
Ultram 200mg Tablets are a renowned USFDA approved medicine containing Tramadol as its chief active constituent belonging to the therapeutic category of narcotic analgesics. The medicine is very effective in managing moderate to severe pain conditions due to headache (a migraine), toothache and other painful conditions like pain in the ear, joint, menstruation, fever, feverish colds, and flu.
How Ultram 200mg Tablets (Tramadol) works?
Ultram 200mg tablet is a sensational medicine that precipitates its effect by blocking the reuptake of neurotransmitters such as Norepinephrine and Serotonin in the CNS nerve fiber thus inhibits the conduction of pain signals from affected areas of the body to the spinal cord and then ultimately to the brain.
What is dosing schedule for Ultram 200mg (Tramadol) Tablets?
One should take Ultram 200mg extended release tablet orally with water once a day, both in the presence and in absence of food to counter the moderate to chronic levels of pain. The maximum Daily Dose (MDD) of Ultram should not exceed from 300mg.
What are the Contraindications with Ultram 200mg Tablets (Tramadol)?
Following are the conditions in which patient advised to omit the therapy and seek for the physicians advice are:
- If the patient, develop any allergic reactions or hives after intake of medicine.
- It worsens the condition of patients with acute abdominal trouble.
- A patient with severe breathing disorder and asthma should not use Ultram 200mg.
- The use of Ultram tablets should be avoided under conditions such as a history of head injury, epilepsy or other seizure disorder.
What are the Side effects associated with Ultram 200mg Tablets therapy?
Most common side effects observed in patients while on Ultram 200mg tablet therapy are fever, skin rash, anxiety, tremor, agitation, constipation, puckish feeling, diarrhea, difficult and darker urination.
What are the precautions to be taken care with Ultram Tablet therapy?
Following are the conditions in which patient should take precaution while taking Ultram tablet:
- Do not take alcoholic beverages before or after the Ultram intake else may aggravate the side effects.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers should take medicine only under the physician's vigilance.
- Don does not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery after taking Ultram else may enhance sedation.
- Patients have a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction should avoid the use of Ultram.