Concise overview about Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol)
Ultram 100mg tablets (Generic Tramadol) acts as a narcotic pain reliever and is helpful in a condition such as moderate or severe pain. Ultram 100mg tablets works as centrally acting analgesic drug. It disrupts the pain sensations that transmit from the site of pain towards the brain. It is alike opioid analgesics. Tramadol present in Ultram is a µ-opioid receptor agonist, nor epinephrine reuptake inhibitor, and serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
Dosage information of Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol)
For controlling pain sensations in adults, you should use immediate release 50 to 100 mg after every four to six hours as needed for pain by the oral route. The maximum dose you can take for suppressing pain is 400 mg per day. The pediatric dose you must take for suppressing pain sensations is 50 to 100 mg after every four to six hours by the oral route. The dose can be consumed up to 400 mg per day.
Contraindications with Ultram 100mg (Tramadol) Tablets
- You should not prescribe it to patients whose age is less than 18 years.
- It is advised not to consume alcoholic drinks if you are sideways using alcohol, sedatives, and narcotic drugs within past few hours.
- Contraindicate Ultram 100mg tablets when you have allergies or if you have severe asthma, blockage in stomach or intestine.
- Never use in pregnancy, as it will result in life-threatening symptoms.
- You should not breastfeed your child when you are on Ultram 100mg tablets therapy.
Warnings and precautions to follow with Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol)
- Tramadol causes habit-formation so should not be misused.
- Convey your doctor in case you have a history of drug abuse, stomach disorder, alcohol addiction, mental illness, liver disorder, and kidney disorder.
- Cease sharing it with patients who already have drug abuse or addiction.
- Ultram 100mg tablets intervenes with your thinking process so avoid harsh activities.
Side Effects with Ultram 100mg (Tramadol) Tablets
Some side effects you observe with Ultram 100mg tablets are
- Headache, dizziness
- Tired feeling, sweating
- Feeling nervous, drowsiness
- Itching, flushing
- Nausea, stomach pain