Brief Overview of Timolol Eye Drops
Timolol Eye Drops is an ophthalmic preparation that is used effectively in patients with increased eye pressure because of aqueous humor, which results in the condition of glaucoma. Thus, Timolol treats this ocular hypertension.
Working Mechanism of Timolol Eye Drops
Timolol Eye Drops is a beta-blocker medication, so its action is to reduce the pressure that is developed inside the eyes because of increased aqueous humor. This causes a pressure inside the eyes and results in the condition of glaucoma or ocular hypertension. Thus, Timolol reduces this pressure by inhibiting the excess production of liquid inside the eyes and treats the condition.
Usage Indication of Timolol Eye Drops
Before using Timolol eye drops, wash your hands and eyes. Then tilt your head back in the upward direction and place a drop of Timolol solution into the eyes. Close your eyes for few minutes and wipe out the excess solution with a tissue paper. Make sure not to use more than a single drop of Timolol for once or twice in a day as per your condition and doctor's suggestion. An overdose of Timolol eye drop makes your condition worse.
Contraindications With The Use Of Timolol Eye Drops
- Timolol eye drop is conflicting to be taken during the condition of oversensitivity to Timolol.
- Inform your doctor before starting Timolol eye drops if you are taking any other medication.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers need to take safety precautions while using Timolol eye drops.
- Do not treat any other ophthalmic condition with Timolol if you are not suggested for that.
Side Effects with Timolol Eye Drops
- Blurred vision
- Redness or itching in eyes
- Stinging or burning sense in the eyes
- Watery eyes
- Darkening and thickening of eyelashes
- Dry mouth
- Dropping eyelid
Noteworthy Precautions While Using Timolol Eye Drops
- Do remove your makeup and contact lenses while using Timolol eye drops.
- Keep a gap of 10-15 minutes after using Timolol eye drop in case you want to reinsert the lenses or use any other medication.
- Do take precaution in preventing the contact of bottle tip to any surface or it can contaminate the solution.