Details Overview About Retino AC Gel
Retino AC gel is a mixture of Clindamycin and Tretinoin. Retino AC gel shows its action by killing sensitive bacteria that result in acne. It slows down the release of free fatty acids that irritates the skin. Retino AC gel stops the acne formation and quickly heals the acne. Clindamycin present in it controls bacteria and Tretinoin help to secrete oils produced by glands under the skin.
Mechanism of Action of Retino AC Gel
Clindamycin fulfills its action by acting as a bacteriostatic agent. It works by restricting the bacterial protein synthesis by causing inhibition of ribosomal translocation. It couples up with 50S rRNA of bacterial ribosome subunit. Tretinoin is a derivative of vitamin A and causes skin cell division. It also regulates keratinization of skin cells that lowers the comedones formation.
Dosage scheme and method of application of Retino AC Gel
Retino AC gel is available in strengths of Tretinoin 0.025% and Clindamycin 1%. It is must to wash your hands and affected areas before you apply the gel. Let your skin dry completely. Take a small amount of this gel and rub gently so that drug gets absorbed properly. Let your affected area be open. Apply to the affected area once per day at night.
Some don'ts to follow with Retino AC Gel
- You should not apply Retino AC gel if you have allergies to this drug.
- Do not apply if you have eczema.
- Do not apply in pregnant ladies and breastfeeding mothers without doctor consultation.
- Do not apply Retino AC gel if you have Crohn disorder, ulcerative colitis, and antibiotic-associated colitis.
Safety Precautions to follow with Retino AC Gel
- Sunlight worsens your acne so before you step out in sunshine use protective clothing and sunscreen.
- Avoid getting it to your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Stop waxing, electrolysis and depilatories on treated area.
- Avoid products that cause irritation such as harsh chemicals, facial cleansers, skin products such as alcohol, and astringents.
- Use only by people above age of 12 years.
Side Effects with Retino Ac Gel
Some side effects you may observe with Retino Ac gel are itching, redness, blister formation, crusting of the skin, irritation, numbness, peeling off, scaling of the skin, burning sensation on the applied area, rashes, and stinging of the skin.