Brief Overview Of Provera 10mg Tablets
Provera 10mg tablets are an effective medication that is frequently used for the treatment of menstrual problems such as abnormal bleeding, lack of menstrual period. It reduces the risk of heavy, painful, irregular or very frequent periods. Provera 10mg tablets prevent overgrowth in the lining of the uterus in postmenopausal women who are receiving estrogen hormone replacement therapy. Provera 10mg tablets contain Medroxyprogesterone acetate as a main active ingredient, which is a synthetic form of the naturally occurring female sex hormone, progesterone.
Mechanism of Action of Provera 10mg Tablets
Provera 10mg tablets belong to the category of medications called as synthetic progesterone. Progesterone is a hormone that controls the menstrual cycle and ovulation, the monthly release of an egg from the ovaries.
How To Use Provera 10mg Tablets
Provera is available in the form of tablet dosage form and the commonly used dose is 10mg, therefore, take it orally. The dose of Provera tablets varies according to the condition of the patient. You can take it with or without food. For the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance in the absence of organic pathology beginning on the calculated 16th or 21st day of the menstrual cycle, 5 or 10 mg of Provera may be given daily for 5 to 10 days. For the treatment of secondary amenorrhea Provera, tablets may be given in dosages of 5 or 10 mg daily for 5 to 10 days.
What Are The Contraindications While Using Provera 10mg Tablets?
- You should not use Provera 10mg tablets if allergic to any ingredient in the Provera.
- Do not use Provera 10mg tablets undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding, breast cancer and liver problems or liver disease and heart attack.
- You are not recommended to use this medication along with Rifampin, herbal products, and dietary supplements.
What are the side effects while using Provera 10mg Tablets?
While using Provera 10mg tablets some unwanted effects may appear including breakthrough bleeding, acne, breast pain or tenderness, changes in menstrual flow, spotting, or missed periods, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, mild fluid retention, mild hair loss, mild nausea or vomiting, and nervousness.
What are the precautions while using Provera 10mg Tablets?
- You should not consume alcohol as it can cause drowsiness or dizziness effect and do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks.
- You should not consume Provera 10mg tablets pregnancy and breastfeed to avoid harmful effects.
- In the case of elderly, use Provera 10mg tablets with precaution.