Detail Overview about Prometrium Soft Gel
Prometrium Soft Gel (Generic Progesterone) brings about the menstrual period in women who have not passed menopause but still not having enough of periods. Progesterone restricts overgrowth in uterus lining in postmenopausal women who receives estrogen therapy.
Mode of Action of Prometrium Soft Gel (Generic Progesterone)
Progesterone in Prometrium couples with progesterone and estrogen receptors. Once it couples with these receptors, Progesterone lowers the frequency of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and blunts preovulatory luteinizing hormone surge. In women having less estrogen level, Progesterone transforms proliferative endometrium into secretory one. Progesterone develops decidual tissue for embryo implantation.
Dosage Regimen of Prometrium Soft Gel (Generic Progesterone)
In the case of prevention of endometrial hyperplasia: Ingest 200 mg Prometrium capsules as a single dose at night before you go to sleep and continue it for 12 days sequence wise per 28-day cycle to postmenopausal women receiving estrogen tablets daily.
In the case of secondary amenorrhea: Ingest 400 mg Prometrium capsules as a single dose at night before going to bed and continue for 10 days.
Contraindications with Prometrium Soft Gel (Generic Progesterone)
- Never use when you are pregnant or had a miscarriage.
- Contraindicate its use when you have breast cancer, peanut allergy, abnormal vaginal bleeding, stroke, liver disorder, heart attack, and clots.
- Do not use if you are hypersensitive to Prometrium Soft Gel.
Warnings and Precautions to follow with Prometrium Soft Gel
- Convey your doctor if you have asthma, migraines, circulation problem, seizure, heart disorder, diabetes, history of depression and high blood pressure.
- Progesterone interferes with your thinking process so be careful in doing work that needs alertness.
- Before using in a lactating mother, consult your physician.
- Have a regular check up for breast lumps.
Side Effects with Prometrium Soft Gel (Generic Progesterone)
Side effects with the use of Prometrium soft gel are
- Breast pain, dizziness
- Drowsiness, headache
- Vaginal discharge, hot flashes
- Mood changes, heartburn
- Diarrhea, bloating, constipation
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Unusual vaginal bleeding