Concise overview about Premarin Tablets
Premarin Tablets is composed of conjugated estrogens that are obtained from natural sources. Estrogen is naturally released from ovaries that are important for bodily functions. Premarin restricts menopausal symptoms and is used to prohibit osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. It replaces estrogen in women having ovarian failure. When the body reaches menopause stage, it releases less estrogen. This depletion can be coped up by externally given Premarin tablets.
Dosage information of Premarin Tablets
In the case of hypoestrogenism because of hypogonadism, you should ingest 0.3 or 0.625 mg daily in a cyclic pattern such as three weeks on and one week off. In the case of primary ovarian failure, ingest 1.25 mg daily, or in the cyclic period. The dose for vasomotor symptoms due to menopause is 0.3 mg daily. For treating symptoms of vaginal atrophy due to menopause, the dose is 0.3 mg daily.
Contraindication with Premarin Tablets
- Never use when you are pregnant.
- Contraindicate Premarin tablets in medical conditions such as blood clotting disorder, bleeding disorder, abnormal vaginal bleeding, hormonal related cancer, allergic reaction, history of heart attack.
- Do not use Premarin tablets in breastfeeding women.
Warnings and Precautions to follow with Premarin Tablets
- Make sure to tell your doctor if you have symptoms of unusual vaginal bleeding, endometriosis, thyroid disorder, gallbladder disorder, heart disease, asthma, epilepsy, hereditary angioedema, or high calcium levels in the body.
- Cease smoking as it raises the risk of stroke, blood clotting, and heart attack.
- Avoid its long-term use as it can cause breast cancer.
- You should self-examine for lumps in the breast on monthly basis.
- Keep away from children reach.
Side effects with Premarin Tablets
Some side effects you may observe with Premarin tablets are
- Breast tenderness, breast pain
- Headache, vaginal itching
- Hair loss, nausea, vomiting
- Changes in menstrual periods
- Stomach cramps, swelling of hands or feet
- Lump in breast, confusion