Brief Description of Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection
Pregnyl 5000IU Injection contains a natural hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) that develops in the placenta of a female body during the early months of pregnancy. Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection is used to induce ovulation in women. In men, it helps in the treatment of hypogonadism in male. Beside this, it is also effective in the management of Cryptorchidism in young boys.
Mechanism of Action of Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) stimulates the production of androgens in males and progesterone in females. HCG acts as a Luteinizing Hormone (LH) by stimulating ovulation and may appear to have a small degree of FSH activity. HCG encourages the creation of testosterone hormone in men, which in turn enhances the formation of sperm. Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection is also useful in the management of Cryptorchidism in young boys, a condition where testicles do not decent normally in the testicle sac.
Dosage Regimen of Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection
HCG Pregnyl 5000IU is available in injectable form and should be given by intramuscular injection. Women should use Pregnyl 5000IU to 10000IU usually one dose after finishing menotropins treatment. Patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism should use 4000 IU of Pregnyl via the intramuscular route twice a week for 6 to 9 months followed by 2000 units thrice a week for an additional 3 months. For the management of Cryptorchidism, a dose of 5000IU of Pregnyl should be administered via the intramuscular route on every other day for four injections.
Contraindications of Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredient present in Pregnyl 5000IU, do not use Pregnyl 5000IU.
- If you are pregnant, then do not use Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection.
- If you have a medical history of heart disease, kidney disease, seizures, asthma, migraine headache do not use Pregnyl 5000IU.
Precautions While Taking Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection
- If females with menotropins use Pregnyl 5000 IU, it may cause multiple births, therefore, consult your doctor before using Pregnyl 5000IU.
- Consult your doctor if you have early puberty and prostate cancer (in boys).
Side Effects of Pregnyl 5000IU HCG Injection
Some of the common side effects may include a headache, restlessness, tiredness, pain at the site of injection, acne, abdominal pain.