Detail Overview about Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection
Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection is quite beneficial in the treatment of infertility in both men and women. Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection encloses a generic hormone called Human chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). Pregnyl 10000IU helps the women to overcome infertility by inducing ovulation in them. It helps in the treatment of hypogonadism in the male by enhancing the sperm count. Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection is also effective in the management of Cryptorchidism in young boys and allows the descent of testicles in the scrotum sac.
What is the Action mechanism of Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection?
Human Chorionic Gonadotropins (HCG) has a similar effect like luteinizing hormone and has a small degree of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) activity as well. It encourages the creation of gonadal steroid hormones by stimulating the Leydig cells of the testes to produce testosterone that helps in the creation of sperm. It also encourages the corpus luteum of the ovary to produce progesterone, as it is helpful in the maintenance of pregnancy.
What is the dosing regimen of Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection?
Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection is commercially accessible in an injectable dosage form and should be administered through intramuscular route or subcutaneous route.
Dose for ovulation induction: A woman should take 5000 to 10000IU of Pregnyl via the intramuscular route one day following last day of menotropins.
Dose for hypogonadism in male: A man should take 500 to 1000IU of Pregnyl via the intramuscular route three times a week for 3 weeks followed by the same dose twice a week for 3 weeks.
Dose for Prepubertal Cryptorchidism in young boys: A dose of 5000IU of Pregnyl should be administered via the intramuscular route on every other day for four injections.
Under what conditions the use of Pregnyl 10000IU is contraindicated?
The use of Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection is contraindicated under these medical conditions:
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal gland disorder
- Tumors in the reproductive tract or liver
- enlarged ovary or ovarian cyst
- Brain lesion
- Pituitary gland tumor
- Hypersensitive reactions with Pregnyl 10,000IU or its components
Things to be kept in mind while using Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection
- A sterile injection or needle should be used to administer Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection.
- Do not use sedative medicines or alcohol while relying on the treatment of Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not use Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection.
- Pregnyl may enhance the risk of multiple births, so a woman must consult her doctor before using Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection.
Adverse effects of Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection
Use of Pregnyl 10000 IU HCG Injection may cause some adverse effects such as weariness, headache, bad temper, nausea, pain, swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection site, restiveness, and drowsiness.