Detail Overview About Ovral L Pill (Birth Control Pills)
Nowadays, millions of prefer Ovral L Pill as their birth control measure that helps them to stay away from getting pregnant despite unprotected lovemaking acts. Ovral L Pill is a combination hormonal contraceptive pill, which encloses two hormones called Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol. Beside this, it is also helpful in providing relief from menstrual irregularities and acne.
Mode of Action of Ovral L Pill (Birth Control Pills)
The combined effect of Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol prevents the release of an egg from the ovary. It enhances the viscosity of vaginal mucus to prevent sperm from reaching an egg. It makes some alteration in uterine lining in order to prevent attachment of a fertilized in the mother's womb. Thus, a fertilized egg moves out of the body.
Method of Intake of Ovral L Birth Control Pills
Ovral L Pill consists of 21 hormonal pills of 0.03mg Ethinylestradiol and 0.15mg Levonorgestrel. A woman should start taking Ovral L from the first day of menses. Take one pill of Ovral L orally once a day for 21 consecutive days followed by 7 days with no medication. Again, begin with a new pack of Ovral L on the first day of the menstrual cycle.
What to do in case of miss dose of Ovral L Pill?
In case a woman misses one dose of Ovral L Pill, the missed dose should be taken as soon she remembers it. If a woman fails to take two pills in week 1 or week 2 of the cycle, then she has to take two pills may as soon as they are remembered and two pills took the next day and the normal schedule may be resumed. In case a woman misses two doses in the third week or three doses at any time in the cycle, then she can throw the current pack and begin a new package that same day.
Who Should Not Take Ovral L Pill (Birth Control Pills)?
A woman should use Ovral L Pill under these following medical conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning to become pregnant
- A record of blood clotting disorders or severe blood clots
- Liver disorders, liver tumors or cancer
- Angina or chest pain
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Hypersensitive to Ovral L or its other ingredients
Drug Interactions of Ovral L Birth Control Pills
Some medicines show drug interaction with Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol such as Atorvastatin, Carbamazepine, Dexamethasone, Ritonavir, Phenytoin, Indinavir, Itraconazole, Phenobarbital, Bosentan, Modafinil, Propranolol, Prednisolone and Cyclosporine.
Precautionary Steps While Taking Ovral L Birth Control Pills
- A woman older than 35 years of age should not use Ovral L Pill.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited while using Ovral L Birth control pill.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight while using Ovral L Pill, so try to use protecting clothing or sunscreen while going out in the sun.
- Breastfeeding mother should not use Ovral L Birth control pill.
- Never try to ingest alcohol or sedative pills while using Ovral L pill.
Annoying Effects OF Ovral L Pill (Birth Control Pills)
A woman may face some annoying effects while using Ovral L Birth control pill such as nausea, vomiting, headache, abdominal cramps or bloating, breast tenderness, swelling of the ankles or feet, alteration in weight, and abnormal spotting or bleeding.