Concise Overview about Ovidac 5000 IU HCG Injection
Ovidac 5000 IU Injection is the brand of a generic drug called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is successful therapy for preventing infertility trouble in both man and women. It helps to overcome the infertility trouble by stimulating ovulation that means the release of an egg from the ovary. In men, it prevents infertility problem by increasing sperm count. It treats Cryptorchidism in young boys and helps to drop down testicles into the scrotum normally.
Dosing schedule of Ovidac 5000 IU HCG Injection
Ovidac 5000 IU HCG is an injectable drug and must be injected via the intramuscular route. For inducing ovulation: A woman should inject 5000 IU to 10000 IU of HCG through the intramuscular route one day following last day of menotropins. For Hypogonadism in male: A man should inject 4000 IU of HCG via the intramuscular route thrice a week for up to 6 to 9 months followed by 2000 units thrice a week for an additional three months. To treat Prepubertal Cryptorchidism: Inject 5000 IU of HCG via an intramuscular route on every other day for four injections.
Contraindications with Ovidac 5000 IU HCG Injection
A patient suffering from any of these medical conditions should not use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) injection such as androgen-dependent tumors, brain lesions, unsettled uterine, an active blood clot, genital bleeding, pregnancy, a distension, ovarian cysts, or tumor of the pituitary gland and prostate cancer.
Warnings and Precautions to follow with Ovidac 5000 IU HCG Injection
- Never inject Ovidac Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in children of less than 4 years of age.
- Women should have gynecological exam ahead of starting treatment with Ovidac Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG).
- Men should carry out a complete medical and hormone evaluation before the start of this treatment.
- If you are a lactating mother, then you should not use of Ovidac 5000 IU Injection.
- Use a sterile needle or syringe to inject Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) through the intramuscular route.
Ill effects with Ovidac 5000 IU HCG Injection
An individual may suffer from some common side effects such as
- Overtiredness, headache
- Bad temper, nausea, soreness
- Agitation, sleepiness
- Chest pain, and swelling
- Bruising, or redness at the injection site