Brief Introduction Of Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill
Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill is best and effective medication that is commonly used to prevent pregnancy. Norethindrone Acetate is also called as the "mini-pill" because it does not contain any estrogen. It is a form of progesterone, a female hormone, which contains generic Norethindrone acetate as the main ingredient. Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill can also be used for the treatment of endometriosis, menstrual disorders, abnormal vaginal bleeding caused by a hormone imbalance. It is an oral contraceptive pill.
Mechanism Of Action Of Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill
Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill is a progestin, prevent pregnancy by obstructing ovulation (release of the egg), making it more hard for sperm to enter the uterine mucus that surrounds the egg, and therefore, for fertilization to take place. Progestin also modifies the uterine lining to prevent the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.
How To Take Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill
Norethindrone Acetate 5mg are available as tablet dosage form, therefore, you have to take it orally with the help of sufficient amount of water. The recommended dose of Norethindrone is 5 mg you have to adjust the dose into 0.3mg on daily basis. You have to consult the doctor to adjust the dose. Take this medication from the first day of menstrual cycle and you can take it as needed. Do not take more than recommended dose of Norethindrone; if you miss take it as soon as possible.
What Are The Contraindications Of Norethindrone Acetate Pill?
- Do not use, if you are hypersensitive to any ingredient in Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill.
- You should not use this medication if you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding, breast cancer, and heart attack.
- You should not use Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill if you have liver and kidney disease.
Side Effects of Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill
Acne, spotting, missed periods, changes in menstrual flow, including breakthrough bleeding, dizziness; drowsiness, fever, headache, hot flashes, and nausea.
Precautions That Should Be Followed While Using Norethindrone Pill
- Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill is contraindicated if you pregnant and breastfeeding woman as this medication can harm the baby.
- Norethindrone Acetate 5mg Pill may cause drowsiness and dizziness, therefore; you should not consume alcohol while using this medication.
- You should not use any other medication without consulting a doctor.