Brief Overview of Librium 10mg Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide)
Librium 10mg Tablet is one of the best approach for the treatment of anxiety and its symptoms. Librium 10mg tablets are an orally used medication, which contains Chlordiazepoxide as the key ingredient. It can also be used for the treatment of withdrawal symptoms associated with alcoholism fear and anxiety before surgery stress, loss of control with reality and irritable bowel syndrome.
Mechanism of Action of Librium 10mg Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide)
Librium 10mg tablets falls under the class of drug known as benzodiazepines. It binds to GABA (A) receptor at different allosteric sites and facilitates GABA action. It also increases the frequency of opening of Cl- channel this causes membrane hyperpolarization and produces CNS depression.
What are the contraindications of Librium 10mg (Chlordiazepoxide) Tablets?
- You are not allowed to use this medication if you have an allergic reaction to generic Chlordiazepoxide.
- Librium 10mg tablets are strictly prohibited in the case of liver disease, acute narrow-angle glaucoma, psychosis, muscle problems, seizures, and heart disease.
Dosing Regimen of Librium 10mg Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide)
The recommended dose of Librium is 10 mg that is available as tablet dosage form. You have to ingest this medication orally with a full glass of water, three to four times in a day. It can be used with or without food. Do not crush or chew the tablet take it as required. Do not increase or decrease the dose of this medication without consulting the doctor.
What is the side effects of Librium 10mg Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide)?
Some side effects may appear while using Librium 10mg tablets such as dizziness, excessive daytime drowsiness, confusion, lumsiness, headache, lack of coordination, lightheadedness, unsteadiness, unusual weakness. If these effects become sever, you should consult the doctor for treatment.
What are the important information's that must be followed while taking Librium?
- Librium 10mg tablets may cause blurred vision, dizziness effects, therefore, you should not drive after taking Librium.
- Librium tablets can increase the chances of side effects like drowsiness and dizziness, so do not consume alcohol along with this medication.
- Librium 10mg is a habit-forming medication; do not take it for a longer duration.
- You should not use this medication without consulting a doctor if you are the pregnant and breastfeeding mother.