Brief Overview About Latisse Eye Drops
Latisse Eye Drops explain its use for eyes only and needs to be used at the external margin of eyelashes. Latisse eye drops is beneficial in attaining longer eyelashes with its functional ingredient of Bimatoprost that is accountable to treat the condition of hypotrichosis of lashes and gives you those long, dark, thick and feathery lashes to intensify the look of your eyes. In addition, Latisse eye drops is effective against glaucoma also.
Mechanism of Action of Latisse Eye Drops
Generic Bimatoprost present in Latisse eye drops brand is a prostaglandin category drug and thus considered as a prostaglandin analog. Therefore, the significant action of Latisse is to augment the growth phase and diminishes the resting phase during the hair growth cycle. Latisse eye drops leads to boost the growth of hair at eyelashes and treat the condition of short, lacking and light eyelash condition.
Method to Apply Latisse Eye Drops
Latisse in the form of the drop is used for the ophthalmic purpose only that is required to be applied as a line at the margin of the lash line with the use of a clean and dry liner brush or an applicator. You just have to place a drop of the solution at the tip of the brush and draw a line from the inner part to the outer part. It is applied only for one time in a day during nighttime before going to bed up to the duration of 12-16 weeks.
Conflicting situations for the use of Latisse Eye Drops
- Latisse eye drops are not intended to treat any other ophthalmic problem other than prescribed for.
- Latisse drops during allergic reactions, any surgery, or during pregnancy and lactation should not be used unless prescribed.
Undesirable responses of Latisse Eye Drops
While using Latisse eye drops, the user may encounter with some temporary side effects of the drug for instance pigmentation of the iris, sense of warmth at the applied area, dizziness, blurry vision, headache, itching or irritation in eyes, and stinging in eyes.
Preventive measures while using Latisse Eye Drops
- Prevent drug contamination by avoiding the contact of bottle tip to any surface.
- Do remove your lenses and makeup prior to the use of Latisse eye drops or it can cause interaction.
- Maintain a time gap of about 10-15 minutes after the use of Latisse eye drops in order to reinsert the lenses or wanted to use any other ophthalmic drug.