Brief Overview About Latanoprost Eye Drops
In the case of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension, if there is an increase in eye pressure that may damage an eye or even it may cause loss of vision. Latanoprost Eye Drops assists in providing a better vision. Generic Latanoprost is generic ophthalmic solution present in the market.
How Does Latanoprost Eye Drops Act?
Generic Latanoprost falls under the group of prostaglandin analogs. They work together to lower an eye pressure and hence prohibit open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. Latanoprost is an agonist of prostanoid FP receptor and functions by elevating the flow of aqueous humor from the eye and finally lowers eye pressure.
How Should You Instill Latanoprost Eye Drops?
The suggested adult dose is single drop once per day in the pretentious eye. Before using Latanoprost Eye Drops, wash your hand and eye properly with cold water. No, tilt your head back and instill a single drop. Keep your eyes close for some time. Apply pressure in corner of eye for one to two minutes; in this way, drug gets absorbed completely into the eyes. Remove excess solution with tissue paper.
What Are The Side Effects Of Latanoprost Eye Drops?
You may experience some side effects after applying Latanoprost Eye Drops as if redness or dryness of the eye, inflammation of eyelids, eye irritation, light sensitivity, eye pain, blurred vision, burning, and itching of an eye.
What Conditions Oppose The Effect Of Latanoprost Eye Drops?
- Use of Latanoprost Eye Drops is unsafe if you have a respiratory problem, heart disorder or breathing problem.
- Never use in case of allergic reaction to Latanoprost Eye Drops.
What Precautions Should You Take While Using Latanoprost Eye Drops?
- If you are using any other eye drop, uphold a gap of five minutes between two drugs.
- Do not touch the tip of the bottle as it leads to contamination of the drug.
- Remove out your contact lenses before using Latanoprost Eye Drops.
- It is imperative to wash your hands before and after its use.
- You should not use it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.