Details Overview About Korlym Pill (Mifepristone)
Korlym Pill (generic Mifepristone) eliminates gestation of less than 7 weeks or below. Mifepristone hinders the function of progesterone necessary for sustaining gestation. Korlym Pill is used for terminating gestation of less than seven weeks (day numbered from the first day of your last menstrual cycle). Korlym Pill, an antiprogestin and ceases the action of progesterone hormone. Progesterone hormone helps in keeping your pregnancy alive by supporting nutrition to the fetus. Korlym Pill helps you to have a safe abortion.
Dosage Information About Korlym Pill
If your gestation is less than seven weeks and you want to terminate your pregnancy then use Mifepristone three pills each of strength 200 mg on empty stomach with sufficient water. On the third day, follow a check up so as to know if your pregnancy is concluded or not. If you are still pregnant then use two Misoprostol pills, each of strength 200 mcg through vaginal or oral route. On the fourteenth day, follow again a check up to confirm your abortion.
Some Contraindications With Korlym Pill
- A woman should debar the use of Mifeprex if she is facing ectopic pregnancy, disorders of adrenal glands (Addison disorder or chronic adrenal failure), or porphyria.
- Do not use in case of allergic reaction to Korlym Pill.
- Never use when you are taking anticoagulants.
Warnings And Precautions To Follow With Korlym Pill
- Remove your intrauterine device before you opt for abortion.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages, and grapefruit juices along with Mifeprex.
- You may feel dizzy because of abortion with Mifeprex so avoid harsh physical activity.
- Have plenty of fresh juices to compensate the loses.
- If you feel dizzy after abortion then avoid harsh activities.
- Tell your doctor if you are more than 35 years or you often smoke.
Side Effects With Korlym Pill
Some side effects you observe with Korlym Pill are
- Heavy vaginal flow, dizziness
- Diarrhea, nausea, headache
- Tiredness, chills
- Back pain, vaginal discomfort.