A Brief Overview of Fildena 50mg / 100mg Tablets
Fildena 100mg / 50mg Tablets is intended to be used in the management of a problem called erectile dysfunction (ED), a condition where a man lost its ability to get or keep an erection firm enough for an intimate session. Fildena 100mg / 50mg tablets are sometimes also used in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Mechanism of Action of Fildena 100mg / 50mg Tablets
The generic drug present in Fildena 100mg / 50mg tablets is Sildenafil citrate. Sildenafil primarily inhibits the enzyme called Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) that is responsible for the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum, located around the penile region and prevents the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. Sildenafil works by increasing the amount of blood going to the corpus cavernosum by relaxing the penile arteries and smooth muscle. Nitric oxide (NO) is released from endothelial cells and is responsible for the synthesis of cGMP and the relaxation of the smooth muscle cell in corpus cavernosum. cGMP further causes increase the flow of blood into the corpus cavernosum. Therefore, Sildenafil increases the amount of cGMP and thereby enhances the erectile function.
Dosage Regimen of Fildena 100mg / 50mg Tablets
The initial dose of Fildena is 50mg orally once a day, one hour prior to the intimate session. Dosage should be maintained at 25 to 100mg orally once a day, as needed, one hour before the intimate session. You should take a drug orally with a glass full of water. Older patients should take a half tablet of Fildena 50mg i.e. 25mg orally once a day, one hour prior to the intimate session. The dose should be adjusted for patients in advanced age, and to those with kidney and liver problems.
Contraindications of Fildena 50mg / 100mg Tablets
- If you are suffering from pulmonary veno-occlusive disease, then do not use Fildena Tablets.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol should be avoided during the use of Fildena Tablets.
- If you are taking nitrates (like Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide) and another PDE5 inhibitor (e.g., Tadalafil, Vardenafil), or Ritonavir, then do not use Fildena 50mg / 100mg tablets.
- Do not use Fildena 50mg / 100mg tablets if you are under the age of 18.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredient present in Fildena, then do not use this medicine.
- Do not use Fildena 50mg / 100mg tablets, if you are women.
Precautions while using Fildena 50mg / 100mg Tablets
- If you have a history of painful erection or priapism, then consult your doctor before taking Fildena tablets.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you are taking Fildena 50mg / 100mg tablets.
- If you are suffering from some diseases like cavernosal fibrosis, Peyronie disease, certain blood cell problems (e.g., leukemia, multiple myelomas, sickle cell anemia), then the first talk to your doctor before using Fildena Tablets.
Side Effects of Fildena 100mg / 50mg Tablets
Some common side effects of Fildena Tablets include diarrhea, dizziness, flushing, muscle aches, nausea, sore throat, stuffy or a runny nose, trouble sleeping , headache, mild pain, upset stomach, vomiting.