Brief Overview of Erex 50mg Tablets
Erex 50mg tablet is a well-known medication that is indicated for the diagnosis and treatment of impotence or erectile dysfunction in males. Erex 50mg tablets possess Yohimbine as an active ingredient that is indicated as a sympatholytic and mydriatic.
Mechanism of Action of Erex 50mg Tablets
Yohimbine acts as a presynaptic alpha-2 adrenergic blocking agent and works by producing a boost in a sympathetic drive that is secondary to an increase in norepinephrine release. Its action on the peripheral nervous system is to augment the parasympathetic activity and decreases the sympathetic activity. As Yohimbine increases the cholinergic activity, it increases the penile inflow and decreases penile outflow or both. These actions help in maintaining a long erection.
The Dosage Regimen Of Erex 50mg Tablets
Commercially, Erex is available in a tablet dosage form and at a dose of 50 mg. Erex 50 mg should be administered orally with a glass full of water. Erex 50 mg should be taken three times a day. You should take Erex 50 mg exactly as directed by your doctor.
Contraindications of Erex 50mg Tablets
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Yohimbine or any of the ingredients present in Erex, then do not use Erex 50 mg.
- Erex 50mg tablets are not indicated for children.
Precautions While Taking Erex 50mg Tablets
- If you are a patient with kidney disease, liver disease or heart disease, then you should avoid using Erex 50 mg.
- If you are a patient with peptic ulcer disease, being treated for mental conditions, or suffering from depression, then you should avoid using Erex 50mg tablets.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or any work that needs alertness while taking Erex as it may cause dizziness.
- If you are a pregnant woman, planning to become pregnant or a lactating mother, then do not use Erex 50mg tablets.
Side Effects Of Erex 50mg Tablets
Some common side effects of Erex 50mg tablets include confusion, a headache, dizziness, nervousness, skin flushing, unusual behavior, swelling of your lips, nausea, and vomiting.