What is Dostinex Tablets used for?
Dostinex Tablets is a medication used for the management of hyperprolactinemia in females. Dostinex assists the woman by managing their hormonal disturbance caused by the abnormally high levels of Prolactin hormone. Generally, Prolactin is released during the time of lactation but in rare cases, it may be secreted by the pituitary gland.
What is the methodology of Dostinex Tablets action?
Dostinex Tablets is an immaculate therapy used for the management of excessive abnormal levels of hormone Prolactin. The key dynamic module of Dostinex tablets is Cabergoline that falls under the therapeutic category of medications known as dopamine receptor agonist. The major role of the medicine Dostinex tablets is to put a control over the shooting levels of hormone Prolactin within the body of a female. The therapy cures unnecessary breast milk and irregular periods in females and treats the sensitive issue of low libido in males.
What is the dosing frequency and the intake method of Dostinex?
The most prescribed strength of Dostinex is 0.5mg twice a week, which you can intake via mouth along with adequate amount of water. Further change in dosage can be bought up based on the age, medical condition, and tolerance of an individual person.
What are the adverse effects of using Dostinex Tablets?
You may come across some adverse effects after taking the dose of Dostinex tablets like trouble in breathing, mood swings, painful periods, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, lightheadedness, and fatigue.
What are the Preventive measures to be taken with Dostinex Tablets?
- Do not drive or operate any machinery when you are relying on Dostinex tablets.
- If you have gone through any type of surgery in recent history, then convey the information to your physician.
- Do not take or advise Dostinex tablets, in the case of pregnancy and breastfeeding as it might induce some harmful effects to the unborn or the newborn.
What are the Conflicting effects of taking Dostinex Tablets?
- Omit the use of medicine if you are hypersensitive to the generic Cabergoline.
- Under certain medical conditions like high blood pressure, heart valve disease, liver disorder, abnormal thickening of lining in heart or lungs, and retroperitoneal fibrosis do not take the medicine without the prior consultation of a physician.