Brief Description of Dianette Oral Contraceptive Pill
Dianette Pill is an oral contraceptive pill used for the prevention of unwanted pregnancy as a birth control method. Dianette pill is also used for the treatment of severe acne and abnormal hair growth because of too much production of male gonadal hormones.
How does Dianette Oral Contraceptive Pill Act?
Dianette pill is used for the prevention of pregnancy. Dianette pill comprises of Cyproterone and Ethinylestradiol as an active chemical component in it. The blend of these medications is known as Co-cyprindiol. Generic Cyproterone acts as an anti-androgenic hormone so it acts by inhibiting the unwanted effects of androgen hormone. With the combination Ethinylestradiol, Cyproterone acts by inhibiting the development of ovarian follicles and ovulation and it may enhance the thickness of cervical mucus to prevent the penetration of sperm. It may also influence the endometrial to inhibit blastocyst implantation and thus, prevent pregnancy.
What Conditions Contradict The Use of Dianette Birth Control Pill?
- If you are hypersensitive to generic Cyproterone and Ethinylestradiol, you should not take it without an earlier consultation of the physician.
- Under certain clinical issues, you should not take the dose of Dianette oral contraceptive pills as if renal disorders, hepatic disorders, cardiovascular disorders, bleeding disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and breathing disorders.
How Would You Take The Dose of Dianette Oral Contraceptive Pill?
Dianette Pill contains 21 monophasic pills. An individual should take a single tablet on the regular basis for 21 days and then give a break for next 7 days then start a new packet of the same brand from 29th day. If you missed one pill, then you have to take two pills as a single dose in your next dosing. In case you missed two pills then you have to take two pills as a single dose in your next two consecutive dosing.
What Are The Side Effects of Dianette Pill (Birth Control Pill)?
You may feel some side effects after taking the dose of Dianette Pill as if irregular menstrual cycle, spotting, headaches, upset stomach, nausea, breast tenderness, weight changes, less libido, gallstones, and hypertension.
What Preventive Measures Should You Take While Using The Dose Of Dianette Pill?
- Dianette Pill is only used as a contraceptive pill; it is not used for the treatment of sexually transmitted disease as if Chlamydia or human immunodeficiency virus disease (HIV).
- If you are going through any type of surgery, you should stop taking Dianette Pill.
- In the case of pregnancy and breastfeeding, stop taking Dianette oral contraceptive pills.