Brief Overview of Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules
Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules is a potential medication that is commonly used for the treatment of endometriosis and fibrocystic breast disease. Endometriosis is a clinical condition in which tissue normally lines the inside of womb is found in another place in the body, mostly in the pelvic area or abdomen. Danazol is a form of steroid that can be used orally. This can cause painful periods and persistent pain in the pelvic area. This medication is also used to manage attacks of angioedema in people with an inherited form of this disorder (hereditary angioedema) and prevents swelling of the abdomen/arms/legs/face/airway due to congenital disease.
How Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules works?
Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules is an androgen similar to testosterone, which produces action by reducing the amount of hormones made by the ovaries. These hormones usually make the conditions worse. To control angioedema, Danazol capsules helps to enhance the amount of a certain protein in the body's immune system.
Dosing regimen of Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules
Danazol is available as capsule form, therefore, you have to take it via mouth with a full glass of water. The recommended dose of 100mg and 200mgwhich can be ingested with or without food. For the treatment of endometriosis or fibrocystic breast disease, you have to start treatment during menstruation. To manage endometriosis, you have to take Danazol regularly for 3 to 6 months. It may be needed to consume Danazol for 9 months.
What are the contraindications of Danazol Capsules?
- Stop intake of Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules if you are allergic to any ingredient in Danazol.
- If you are suffering from an androgen-dependent tumor, porphyria, and severe liver, kidney, or heart problems then, you should not use Danazol 200mg and 100mg capsules.
- You should not take this medication if you have ingested Simvastatin, Carbamazepine, Cyclosporine, Sirolimus, Atorvastatin, Lovastatin Insulin and Glipizide.
What are the side effects of Danazol 200mg and 100mg Capsules?
Excessively oily skin, flushing, acne, changes in menstrual flow, a decrease in breast size, hair loss, mild weight gain, vaginal itching or dryness, voice changes, redness, tenderness, swelling, chest pain, and dizziness.
Precautionary measures while using Danazol Capsules
- Do not take Danazol capsulesin the case of pregnancy and lactation as it can cause harmful effects.
- In the case of children, use Danazol capsules under medical supervision.
- Do not consume alcohol while using Danazol 200mg and 100mg capsules.