Brief Overview of Clonotril 2mg Tablets (Clonazepam)
Clonotril 2mg tablet is a potential medication that is usually prescribed for the treatment of seizures and panic disorders. Clonotril tablet is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved medication. It can also be used for the treatment of anxiety disorders (including absence seizures or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome) in adults, children. Clonotril 2mg Tablet is an oral medication, which contains Clonazepam as the key ingredient.
How Clonotril 2mg Tablets (Clonazepam) works?
Clonotril 2mg (Generic Clonazepam) Tablets keep the place in the category of medication called as a benzodiazepine. Clonazepam shows action by affecting the chemicals in the brain that may be disturbed. It increases the activity of GABA, a neurotransmitter and moderates the movement of nerve signals in the brain discharge in absence seizures by depressing nerve transmission in the motor cortex.
What are the Contraindications of Clonotril 2mg Tablets?
- Patients, who are suffering from bronchitis, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), or other breathing problems, should not use Clonotril.
- Do not take Clonotril 2mg tabs if you have kidney or liver disease and glaucoma.
- If you are oversensitive to any ingredient present in the Clonotril tablets, then do not use it.
What is the Dosing Information of Clonotril 2mg (Clonazepam) Tablets?
The recommended dose is 2mg once or twice in a day as prescribed by a doctor. Clonotril tablet should be used orally with sufficient amount of water. You may take it with or without food. Do not take it for more than 9 months. Do not increase or decrease the dose of this medication without consulting the doctor.
What are the possible side effects of Clonotril 2mg Tablets (Clonazepam)?
While using Clonotril 2mg tablet few unwanted effects are likely to occur during including drowsiness, dizziness, memory problems, feeling tired, depressed, problems with balance or coordination, weak or shallow breathing, fluttering in your chest, pounding heartbeats and unusual or involuntary eye movements.
Important information's that should be followed while taking Clonotril Tablets
- If you are taking Clonotril tablets for a longer duration, you may need frequent medical tests.
- You should not suddenly discontinue the administration of Clonotril 2mg tabs as it can produce unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, including a seizure.
- While using Clonotril 2mg tabs you should not ingest alcohol as it can increase the chances of side effects.