Brief Description about Ativan 2 mg Tablets (Lorazepam)
Ativan 2mg Tablet (Lorazepam) is most admirable medication in between people for the management of anxiety. Ativan 2mg Tablet is the brand formulation of Lorazepam, which is the best medication to treat anxiety symptoms. Lorazepam comes under the category of benzodiazepine drugs and acts by slowing down the communication between the nerves in the brain Lorazepam works by pairing with allosteric site present on GABAA receptors that potentiates the effects of neurotransmitter and opens up the chloride channel causing an influx of chloride and hyperpolarization of the neuron thereby reducing hyperactivity of the CNS.
Dosage Regimen of Ativan 2 mg Tablets (Lorazepam)
Ativan is commercially available into the dose strength of 2 mg. For the treatment of anxiety: the commonly prescribed dose for an adult patient is a dose of 2 mg in a day. The patients have to consume the dose of 2 mg once a time in a day. The dose can be increased up to 6 g once in a day into 2 to 4 divided doses. For insomnia disorder that happens due to anxiety, take a single dose of 2 to 4 mg mostly at bedtime.
Conflicting factors of Ativan 2 mg Tablets (Lorazepam)
- The consumption of Ativan is unsafe under allergic reaction with Lorazepam.
- Avoid the intake of Ativan 2mg (Lorazepam) tablet if you are a pregnant woman.
- The use of Ativan 2mg tablet is conflicting under the medical condition of open eye glaucoma.
- Avoid using Ativan 2mg (Lorazepam) tablet if you are breastfeeding to the baby, else it may harm your baby.
Defensive measures that need to be taken
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while relying on treatment with Ativan 2mg (Lorazepam) tablet for anxiety.
- Ativan 2mg (Lorazepam) tablet is a habit-forming drug, so never shared your medication with anyone without doctor consultation.
- If in past you have a history of drug addiction or drug abuse, so evade the use of Ativan 2mg (Lorazepam) tablet.
- Intake of Ativan may cause dizziness or drowsiness, so avoid driving and machinery work after taking Ativan.
Side effects of Ativan 2 mg Tablets (Lorazepam)
The patient may endure some side effects that are like as of weakness, lack of balance, confusion, aggression and blurred vision.